The Settlement Engagement and Transition Support (SETS) and the Community Action for a Multicultural Society (CAMS) programs aim to help new or existing Migrants who live in the Bundaberg area and need assistance with settlement or general access to services.
Our Multicultural Youth Connections program aims to provide support to youth (15-25 years old) from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds to ensure they are not socially isolated.
To access SETS and CAMS services, you must be:
- a migrant, refugee or asylum seeker; or
- on a humanitarian, refugee, or family visa, or other eligible visa; or
- from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) background.
Please note there are no Visa restrictions to access our Multicultural Youth Connections program service.
What can our Migrant Services do for you?
- Provide you with advice and referrals to other services and agencies
- Help with citizenship and permanent residency applications
- Support you when dealing with other services and agencies
- Provide you with information sessions and workshops
- Help you connect with English language classes
- Help you connect with community and other social and cultural groups
- Offer a Playgroup for families with children up to 5 years old
- Other services may be available on request.
Through the Multicultural Youth Connections program our goal is to help youth:
- feel like they belong
- be involved in safe social activities
- play sport
- consider their employment and career goals, and how to achieve those aspirations
- by offering services or connection to services that they need.
To find out more about how the Bundaberg Neighbourhood Centre can help you, contact our friendly staff and volunteers who will connect you with a coordinator.
All Migrant services offered are supported by SETS and CAMS programs.