Settlement Engagement and Transition Support (SETS) – Client Services
The Settlement, Engagement and Transition Support (SETS) – Client Services Program is aimed to helps migrants to settle in Australia
SETS aims to assist by:
- connecting people and services through events and regular activities such as sewing circle, continental café.
- helping to fill out forms.
- providing assistance when dealing with government departments.
- giving referrals to appropriate service providers
- providing general information concerning settlement and citizenship.
- providing advocacy.
- advising you about how to get your skills and qualifications recognised.
- providing connections for family violence situations.
- holding information education and training sessions.
- Are in the first five (5) years in Australia.
- Are on a humanitarian, refugee or family visa.
- Are on the path to permanent residency/citizenship.
The purpose of the Settlement Engagement and Transition Support (SETS) – Client Services Activity is to equip humanitarian entrants and other vulnerable migrants in their first five years in Australia with the knowledge and skills to identify, understand and take action to address their identified settlement needs. The Activity has a focus on social participation, economic well-being, independence, personal well-being and community connectedness.
SETS helps achieve this by:
- Working in communities to support responsive local services, building capacity and community connections, and create a welcoming environment and opportunities for new arrivals.
- Working with individuals through the provision of casework services to connect them to mainstream services.
- Connecting individuals and groups to government – by promoting access and equity by playing a brokerage and advocacy role with government agencies on behalf of new communities.
This program is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services. Go to www.dss.gov.au for more information.
8-15 March 2019 FRI 8th - Red Tent Australia (6:00 - 7:00pm) MON 11th - Literacy Matters (9:00am - 12:00pm) MON 11th - Irlen Clinic (9:00am - 12:00pm) # TUE 12th - Technology Training (9:00am - 2:00pm) TUE 12th - BNC Playgroup (9:30 - 11:30am) TUE 12th - Form...read more
(07) 4153 1614
Start by connecting with BNC
Where you are always welcome and we can guide you to the right place.