Community Action for a Multicultural Society – CAMS
CAMS connects migrants with services, each other and the wider community
- equitable access for people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds to services and programs in response to recognised needs.
- help for people from a CALD background to participate in community life – including educational, economic, political, social and cultural activities.
- help connecting CALD individuals and groups with the wider community.
- help for CALD people to become involved in community activities.
- help to engage with skills and training opportunities.
- help to share cultures.
- learning experiences about Australian culture.
- help to establish a social/community group or community project.
- advocacy and support for people to express their concerns to government.
- Are living in Queensland.
- Have been in Australia for more than five (5) years.
- Want to get permanent residency or Australian citizenship.
- Are from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
CAMS also helps with:
- information and special workshops.
- filling and completing forms.
- referrals to appropriate agencies and organisations.
- providing a free Playgroup PlayVan at Alexandra Park West, Quay St., for kids 0-5 years old and parents/carers on Friday mornings during school terms.
CAMS is funded by Multicultural Affairs Queensland (MAQ) within the Department of Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs.
MON 3rd - Literacy Matters (9:00am - 12:00pm) TUE 4th - Technology Training (9:00am - 2:00pm) TUE 4th - BNC Playgroup (9:30 - 11:30am) TUE 4th - Form Assistance (10:00am - 3:00pm) TUE 4th - Bridges - Breakthrough for Families Qld (5:30 - 7:00pm) # TUE 4th - Auslan 1...read more
Come along tomorrow to meet Honey Bear (and Dianne) - lots of fun and activities for children 5 and under (and their parents and carers).Alexandra Park West - 9:30 - 11:30 TOMORROW 10 May - we are so looking forward to seeing you there - what toy will you bring? Teddy...read more
(07) 4153 1614
Start by connecting with BNC
Where you are always welcome and we can guide you to the right place.