Community Action for a Multicultural Society – CAMS
CAMS connects migrants with services, each other and the wider community
- equitable access for people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds to services and programs in response to recognised needs.
- help for people from a CALD background to participate in community life – including educational, economic, political, social and cultural activities.
- help connecting CALD individuals and groups with the wider community.
- help to engage with skills and training opportunities.
- help to share cultures.
- learning experiences about Australian culture.
- help to establish a social/community group or community project.
- advocacy and support for people to express their concerns to government.
- information and special workshops.
- filling and completing forms.
- referrals to appropriate agencies and organisations.
- providing a free Playgroup for kids 0-5 years old on Friday mornings during school terms at BNC Playground.
- CAMS is funded by Multicultural Affairs Queensland (MAQ) within the department of Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs.
- Are living in Queensland or,
- Want to get permanent residency or Australian citizenship or,
- Are from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Contact us to find out how you can participate in making the CAMS model more suitable in the future.
(07) 4153 1614
Start by connecting with BNC
Where you are always welcome and we can guide you to the right place.